Attending IMCC4? Here’s what you need to know to make the most out of the conference, in a nutshell.
Sections in this post:
GET READY FOR IMCC4 IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS:
Download the official IMCC3 conference app on your mobile device HERE . Set up a personal account and enjoy exclusive features including messaging and personal schedules. Learn about the app in last part of this blog post: Getting the most from the IMCC4 conference app.
You can also download the IMCC 4 Program here. Please note that to offset our carbon footprint, printed programs will not be available at the conference. Instead, we have created an app and pre-loaded the program onto each participant’s USB conference lanyard that you will receive on arrival. (Exception: those who paid for a program with registration can pick up their copy at the registration desk)
Twitter users: Note down the conference hashtag #IMCC4 and follow the conference twitter accounts @IMCC2016 and @OceansOnline to stay connected.
- Start the conversation now by tweeting HERE
- Tip for presenters: Add your Twitter handle to your slides and posters – the Twitter community will love you!
Don’t forget to bring:
- Reusable water bottle / travel coffee mug to use throughout the conference. You can also purchase a reusable cup from the nearby Rocket Bakery.
- Bag, to use throughout the conference
- Pens and notepad
- Name cards for networking
- Mobile devices – wifi is free for all delegates in the conference centre, and we have an amazing conference app for you to use.
- Plenty of excitement!
MAKE THE MOST OUT OF IMCC4:
- We’re having some fun with our drink tickets for the Sunday evening Poster Reception: each presenter will be given a set of tickets to give away at their discretion to those folks that engage with their posters! Attendees, be ready for some attentive conversations with presenters! More details here.
- Want to share the #OceanOptimism? Visit us at the Communications Table to share your success stories, tales of inspiration and reasons for hope – we’ll be capturing positive stories and solutions through conversation, online portals, film and photo. Tag yourself in a selfie from our selfie station with #IMCC4 on July 30 / 31 and get some free SCB swag! Also find get info on the SCB Marine Section and info on becoming more involved in Marine Section programs and activities.
- Read our Code of Conduct to learn about how we will make IMCC4 a welcoming environment that is safe, collaborative, supportive, and productive!
- And last, but not least… keep checking the app and IMCC4 website for updates during the conference.
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF THE IMCC4 APP:
The IMCC4 app is more than just a schedule – it’s also a networking tool and conference planner that is designed to help you maximize your IMCC4 experience.
The primary purpose of the app is to help you find and attend the talks, workshops, focus groups, and other events that you want to experience during the conference. But in addition to that, the app has a number of features that are very powerful, and aren’t immediately obvious when you first turn it on. Here, we’ll share some tips on how to get the most mileage out of this app at IMCC4.
Make a profile
Everyone should have received an email with login and password details (if you didn’t, email Lori Strong right away with your name and registration details). Your first step, after downloading the app is to log in and make a profile.
From the main menu, swipe RIGHT to “My Profile.” There, you can see and edit your name, affiliation, phone number, email address, and so on – you can even add a photo by clicking on the top right icon (circled in red below)! These features make it easier to find people at the conference and to follow up with them during or after.
Send message and plan meetings
You can send any attendee a message from the Messaging feature. This works in a pretty straightforward way – but what you may not notice is that you can also plan meetings through the app. From the main menu, swipe right and select My Schedule. Click the top right icon to send a meeting request. Here, you can invite attendees, select a place, date, and time, and when you save it, it will appear in My Schedule. In this way, My Schedule serves not only as your conference schedule, but also allows you to plan meetings with attendees before, after, or during the conference – and all your scheduling information will be present from one easy-to-access tab!
Take and share photos
You can always tweet out photos using #IMCC4, but our conference app also has a photo section. Swipe right once from the main menu and select Gallery. Click the picture icon at the top right of the screen to take a photo or upload an existing photo.
Connect your social media profiles to the app
There’s a little cartoon word bubble that says Social on the front page. This is your one-stop-shop to connect all your social media profiles to the IMCC4 app. In this way, you can Tweet or post on Facebook directly from the App, as well as view the Live-Blog.
If you encounter any technical issues with the app, feel free to use the Support Request tool on the rightmost App screen.
Happy conferencing and best wishes from the IMCC4 Team 🙂